Yesterday, I was thankful that bought some little coloring book/crayon packs at Target. I let Eric have one in the car when we had to go pick up Alex and Anthony from school. Alex had stayed at school to finish some in-class work before the progress report today. Poor Eric was in the car for about an hour with the round trip and waiting for Anthony to get out of school. He was busy with the coloring for most of it, thank goodness, but he started crying on the way home.
He usually starts complaining about being hot when he's tired. I'm grateful that Anthony was in the back seat with him and that he started fanning Eric. After a bit, Eric said that his bottom was hot too. I had to laugh at that, but then told him that we would have to take care of that later since he had to sit in his car seat a little longer. We picked up Wendy's for the kids' dinner and they were all happy about that.
Today, I'm thankful for the fact that Anthony is such an intelligent, considerate, wonderful boy. Patrick was just telling me this morning that one of his teachers (his advisor) told Patrick that Anthony was such a smart kid but what struck her was how nice he was too. That's something every parent wants to hear!
He also got a 219 on his PSAT and that qualified him to be a National Merit Semi-Finalist. He sent in an application which included an essay to hopefully be a Finalist. Wish him luck! His school was honoring the six "National Merit Scholars" with a breakfast this morning. This is a picture of Anthony with the principal, who had presented him with the plaque. We also got free tickets to their football game this evening, and apparently we get to be on the field with Anthony at halftime. I'm hoping that there will be someone taking pictures for us.
Alex is on a field trip today with his class. He's planning on going directly to his friend's house to spend the night. That means that we'll have to take Eric with us to this football game tonight. If everything goes well with Eric staying up way past his bedtime tonight, I'll be grateful for that too.

No comments:
Post a Comment