This was a photo I took yesterday at the bus stop with my iPhone. It was about 40 degrees with some wind, too cold to go without jackets. Of course, the kids didn't look for warmer jackets until they were about to head out the door.
We made do with what we found in the hall closet. The jacket Eric is wearing used to be Anthony's when he was 6 or 7, so it's a little big on Eric. Natalie was going to wear another old jacket of Anthony's, but it was too small, so she stuck with the red fleece jacket she has been wearing. She was a vision of head-to-toe red as she went to the bus stop carrying her cello. I found some suitable jackets after they left. We had put all of our warmest jackets in a duffle bag we took to Colorado last year, so I took them out to use. I am thankful that I found some suitable jackets, because I was totally not thinking of jackets and I would have had to run out and buy some.
We had beautiful weather for the rest of the day yesterday. It was still a little chilly, but sunny and beautiful enough that Patrick and I went out to eat and we ate outside. This time of year is when we're glad we live where we live.
Today was warmer but cloudy all day. Tonight was going to be our "easy" day when we only had to pick up Anthony from soccer practice and take Natalie to swim practice. No practices for Alex and Eric. It got easier, though, because Natalie had to work on her "novel" for school. She has to write a 2000 word essay/book. She was supposed to write at least 1200 words because she is in GT (Gifted and Talented), but she set her own goal of 2000. Patrick and I thought that was unnecessary, but we have to be thankful that she pushes herself in school as well as in swimming. Because of the assignment, she didn't go to practice tonight. That was nice because Patrick could play with his new Mac Book Pro/birthday present/Christmas present. That was nice because I could watch our X Factor tape with Eric and Natalie. That was nice because she wants to go to practice tomorrow night and Saturday morning. It was all good!

No comments:
Post a Comment