Saturday, May 09, 2015

He's Home!

Anthony is home! He arrived today, a few minutes early even. Alex wanted to go with Patrick to the airport. Natalie would also have gone, I think, but she was gone all day on a field trip with the Honors Band to Corpus Christi.

Eric has been excited for the last 10 days, when we started counting down to Anthony's arrival. Every night when I put him in bed, we would talk about how many more days. Some times Eric would then bounce a little and say, "I can't wait!" This morning, Eric said, "Hours until Anthony gets here." He was just a little bit excited to see his big brother again.

I stayed home with Eric because he wanted to stay home and wait for Anthony. When he heard the garage door opening, he ran to the garage. When they got in the garage, Anthony quickly got out of the van and ran up the stairs to greet Eric. He grabbed him and picked him off his feet. :)

I, of course, also hugged Anthony, except that he was still hugging Eric. Alex was still at the bottom of the stairs and commented on how Eric looked like he was getting crushed between us, so he took this picture. Poor Eric does look like he's being crushed, but he also doesn't seem to mind!

I had made sausage-stuffed jalapeƱos for Anthony's arrival, so he and Alex snacked on that while playing chess. Alex missed playing chess and other games with his big brother. He also missed having someone who is a similar size. He told Anthony that he feels so tall when Anthony isn't here. After chess, the three boys and Patrick played Smash-Up. It was like old times.

Natalie didn't get home until after 9pm. Of course she was excited and Anthony greeted her at the door as she was coming in. Now, my family feels complete.

No comments: