After I volunteered at Field Day, I checked Eric out of school and took him with me to North Star Mall. I had ordered a Star Wars Rebels swimsuit for him, a size 7/8, that was way too big, so we went to the Disney Store to exchange it for a smaller size. The size 7/8 went down to his ankles and wouldn't even stay up. The size 5/6 were at least somewhere below his knees and stayed up, but even then, I still had to take it in around the waist. Eric is just a little guy, that's all.
While I was making the exchange, he found a book about Marvel Superheroes, and started to read it. I let him do that for a bit even after I was done exchanging the swimsuit, then I tore him away so we could have lunch. His choice was Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets (10) and a small vanilla Frosty, of course. I got a large Great Wraps Mango Berry smoothie for us to share also plus a gyro for me. He was so full that he could barely have any of the smoothie. So much for sharing.
This trip was all about Eric, so I let him stay at the Lego store for quite a while. I tore him away a couple of times so I could get a little exercise. I didn't get to go to the gym since I had volunteered at the Field Day. He gave me a hard time, saying that he didn't want to walk anywhere. Still, when I did convince him to take a little walk with me, he was almost running away from me, so I tried to keep up and so I got at least a little active exercise.
There was almost no one at the Lego Store, quite different from when we were there last on Memorial Day weekend. I took that opportunity to get this photo of him staring at one of the Lego sets. He loves pretty much any type of Lego set. His favorites are currently Star Wars (and Star Wars Rebels, Ninjago, and the new Jurassic World sets.
I love how Eric really looks like he is studying the pictures on the box. Unfortunately for me, there are no seats at the Lego Store, so I got a bit tired of standing there. I wanted to give him plenty of time, but I wanted to walk around. I must have been tired from the morning activities and what exercise I got at the mall. When I finally tore him away from the Lego Store and the Disney Store, we went home and I took a two hour nap. Eric got some iPad time then.
In the late afternoon/early evening, I took him to the neighborhood swim practice, then I let him play with his friends for a while. Every Friday, a parent volunteer brings snacks for all the kids. Today's snacks were huge Klondike bars. One of the other parents talked about how parents like these raise the bar on the snacks. One of my friends took a photo of her daughter with ice cream all over her face. I thought that for sure, Eric would have the same ice cream face.
When I found Eric, he only had a little ice cream and a tiny bit of chocolate on his face, and there was only a tiny bit of chocolate in the wrapper. I suspect that he licked that wrapper clean, because there was no way on a hot day that the ice cream did not melt even a little.
After that big snack, we went home and gave him a bath, then he ate some Easy Mac. He didn't have much time after that before he had to go to bed promptly at 8pm. He was a little upset about not being able to stay up on a weekend night, but he had a swim meet the next morning.
Eric and I had such a full day, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I will miss this little guy when he grows up and doesn't want to spend the day with his Mama anymore.




No comments:
Post a Comment