After we went to the Witte Museum on Saturday morning, I wanted to go shopping. I knew there would be lots of Memorial Day sales. In particular, I wanted to go to Ann Taylor Loft, which meant that we would have to go to La Cantera Mall. La Cantera Mall is an outdoor mall, and I worried about getting caught outside in the rain, but the forecast predicted rain for the next week, so I figured we might as well go.
Natalie is usually not keen on going out. She would rather lay around on her bed in her room and watch shows/read books on her iPad mini or Kindle Fire. She really wanted to go to Barnes and Noble, though, so she agreed to go to the mall. Eric liked the idea of going to Barnes and Noble also, so he agreed to go also. Both of them brought books to read in the car on the way there.
Poor Eric had to wait "for a long time" while Natalie and I shopped, first at Macy's, and then at Ann Taylor Loft. Instead of leaving his book in the car, we brought it along, knowing that he would have to do some waiting. That didn't mean that he didn't do some complaining along the way, but at least he was happier.
We did pass by Build-A-Bear Workshop along the way, and they had their new Minions stuffed toys on display. When I mentioned this a couple of days ago, Eric got excited, so when we saw them in the window, I told him to go inside so I could take a picture. Not only did he pose for a picture, he started rubbing his face on the one he's holding in the photo, because it was "soft". This boy really loves Minions.
After Macy's, I wanted to give Eric a little reward by going to Barnes and Noble before we did more shopping. That was a good thing, because while we were there, it started pouring outside, with thunder and lightning. We were there for at least an hour, and the power even went out for a few minutes. Natalie and Eric were happy enough. Natalie was reading one book that she didn't want to buy. Eric was reading a bunch of different Star Wars related books, eventually wanting to buy two of them. When the rain let up enough that I felt like we could venture out of the store, we went ahead and checked out. I also took the opportunity to buy some gift cards for Eric's and Natalie's teachers as end-of-school-year gifts.
We were on the way back to the car when I decided that I had to go to Ann Taylor Loft, so we made our way there. In the end, I only bought one skirt there, but Natalie got two pairs of shorts, a top, and a skirt (I think). I welcomed her buying the shorts there, especially, because the shorts the stores sell for girls her age are always way too short. The ones at Ann Taylor Loft were nice and covered everything they should. She also got a dress, a lace cardigan-type of item to wear over the dress, and a T-shirt at Macy's, so baby girl was cleaning up.
The rain started coming down again when we were ready to leave the store, but it wasn't nearly as hard as before, so we went for it. We were ready to go home, especially Eric, who had almost finished his first book that he had brought with him to the mall. We stayed home the rest of the afternoon/evening.


No comments:
Post a Comment