Sunday, April 15, 2007

Adjusting

Feeding the baby takes quite a bit of time. We've been trying a few things, one of which is having me bottle-feed the baby then when he isn't quite so hungry, trying to nurse him. It hasn't really worked, but at least I get to "bond" with him even if my milk is being put into a bottle first.

DS#3 was actually awake quite a bit today DURING THE DAY. That's important because he's been wiping us out at night not by the feedings, but with him being awake after the feeding. He isn't fussy as long as we're moving, but as soon as we're still (like lying in bed, for example) or when we try to lay him down in the bassinet, he fusses--loudly. We've had to awaken him for the every three hour feedings during the day. He's still very sleepy and if we don't wake him up, he'll awaken and be very frantic about being hungry.

He had his first real "outing" yesterday when we went to Saturday evening mass. He was quiet the whole time until his Papa tried to put him back into his carseat. We actually took him out for a short walk in our neighborhood last Thursday, but that was a very brief outing. Today, DH decided that I needed to get out of the house, and since this was also the kids' last day of their Easter Break, we went to our favorite ice cream shop. DS#3 stayed home with my mom and dad.

Since I didn't really take any new photos this weekend, I wanted to post these two photos I took last week of the boys holding their baby brother while playing on their Gamecube. As you can see, they were not in the least perturbed by their mother setting down the baby in their laps. I just wanted them to "interact". You can't blame a mother for trying! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, those photos are just totally hilarious! Made me laugh out loud!

Anita said...

Those pictures are a riot!!! Boys will be boys. :)

Michele said...

Sorry your having issues - all I can say is like everyone else that it will get better, but I know when your tired and want to know that your baby is fed and satisfied that it is hard to believe it will get better so just hang on!! Love the pics

Anonymous said...

Love those photos!!! LOL!

Hope the nursing comes around soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are hilarious... see... moms aren't the only ones who multitask!

And how nice of dh to get you out of the house to grab some ice cream. No IHOP yet?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...I see some interaction there. NOT!!! ROFLMBO!!!!

Sandra a.k.a. scrapfreak1 said...

now this is beautiful in itself... i love the fact that they boys didn't miss a beat in the games.. can't wait for the scrappin of these pictures..
enjoy your special time with your family.