DH knows that it makes me crazy when I can't get on the internet. That's the way it's been lately--just really busy. We can really feel my parents' absence since they went home on Saturday morning. I haven't even been able to take any nap longer than about 30 minutes since they left. DS#3 still likes to sleep, but his hours just need a bit of adjusting. The last couple of nights he can still sleep for 6 hours, but on Saturday night, for example, that six hours started at 2AM. During the day he sleeps when we're out and about, like at church or at the restaurant that DH and I went to for lunch today. At home he fusses constantly during the day and at night before he finally goes down for the count. Tonight, I barely had time to eat dinner, what with picking him up and calming him down. Part of me thinks that I'm "spoiling" him by picking him up constantly, but he really cries like he is distressed, and I can't just leave him there. DH is gone for most of the day doing errands or taking the kids to various activities, so it's just me and DS.
I really don't know how parents with kids closer together in age can do this and do this well. I've been feeling like I've been missing out on the other kids' lives. The boys are already so talkative about themselves--not! With the way the weekend schedules were, DS#2 was asking why I didn't go to his baseball game. Luckily, DD's Tball game was cancelled yesterday, so I was able to go to DS#2's game. DS#1 understands better because he's older, but I still feel guilty. Even if it's hectic, DH and I really try to go to all the kids' functions. We just think it's important to do things together as a family, even if it's more convenient not to.
One other thing made me realize the quick passage of time, especially lately. I was looking at DD's face the other day. I suddenly realized that she doesn't look like a toddler, or even a little girl anymore. Well, okay, so she's still a "little girl", but she looked more like a "big girl" to me. Her face suddenly looks bigger and more "grown up" just in the last few weeks!
One last item that I want to post about and then I really have to go to sleep. I've had some unexpected gifts lately, and I really appreciate all the thought and trouble that everyone went to in order to send me these things. I might try to post some photos tomorrow--if I get some time. One of the gifts is a mini-album from some of the Design Team members from Scrapaddict.com. These ladies are all so talented, and it makes me proud to be a part of the Design Team with them. :)
5 comments:
Glad the album made it to you in good shape! Take it easy and grab some naps when you can!
I'm so glad you like your album. It's so hard to stay sneaky with something like that! It makes me so sad when I look at my girls and suddenly see them as older. It isn't subtle or slow, either, it just suddenly is different one day. Our babies are growing up! :(
Glad to hear he's getting some longer sleeping stretches!
We're all so glad you love the album! Isn't amazing how much the youngest one seems to grow when a new baby comes along?
I was thinking the same thing as Julie. My youngest always "grew up" in the face once I was looking at newborn baby face more often.
And I read you can't spoil a baby until at least 6 months because they don't know how to manipulate, they just know how to be noisy to get their needs met. So cuddle away, Momma!
Glad he is growing and healthy. What a blessed little dude!
Post a Comment