Monday, April 30, 2007

Three Weeks

My little guy is three weeks today! He is awake much more often--so much so that he "tells" us when he's hungry now. He is also more alert in between feedings and naps. He's also been going through a growth spurt, we think, because he's been eating as often as every 1 1/2 to 2 hours! He did, however, let us sleep again last night. He also seems to have "mellowed" out somewhat. DH was able to bathe him and even change his diaper without him wailing at the top of his lungs. He is holding his head up more and for longer periods. His hand movements seem a little bit more controlled. He clasped his hands together last night and we wanted to take a picture so we could tell our pastor that he was already praying--but he stopped doing that before we could grab the camera. I finally got a photo showing his little dimples on both sides. Isn't he the most beautiful baby? I'm not biased at all, of course. ;-)

One final note about nursing--the lactation consultant told us yesterday that he is having trouble sucking correctly, even using the bottle nipple. She said that this usually works itself out by about eight weeks and that I shouldn't try too hard to get him to latch on until then. I have mixed feelings about this. I still feel like I need to do something more pro-active about this, but at the same time, I'm relieved that she told me to just relax and not worry about it for a while. I don't want to bore all of you, so I won't be mentioning it again until something changes--except for maybe complaining that pumping sucks!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

I can't believe it's three weeks already!!

Catherine said...

That is one adorable kidlet!

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Say Julie said...

his is as cute as could be!!

Pam Sivage said...

3 weeks and beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet photo! And there you are, your journaling for your weekly album!

Anita said...

What a sweetie! Yep, pumping is painful. Not something I enjoyed, but well worth the benefits. :)