Wednesday, April 18, 2007

9 days old

Today was our appointment with the pediatric urologist. The short story is that we've scheduled the procedure for next Wednesday. One thing, though, I noticed that neither the urology resident nor his attending washed their hands after examining my son. Icky!!

I realized that I hadn't taken the obligatory photo of my new baby with a tired-looking Papa. It all started with a photo of DS#1 with DH in the hospital where DH was mid-blink. DH did it again with DS#2. The others were more posed, but here is a photo of DS#3 with DH getting a little rest while waiting for the doctor. Unfortunately, DS#3 was sleeping a lot today. He actually slept for five hours straight last night. We'll see what happens tonight...

The other photo is one I took of him during his only real awake period today. Lola (what the kids call her--sort of a Filipino name for "grandmother") was talking to him to try to keep him awake for me. He really looked like he was listening and taking in every word. My mom and dad are leaving for home on Saturday or Sunday. I think they'll miss DS#3. :)

6 comments:

Michele said...

I think he looks like you!

Anonymous said...

Love these little new baby photos!

Pam Sivage said...

love seeing these sweet photos!!

Rachael said...

He does look like you, Melanie!!!

What a sweetie!!

He looks really long too, is he?

Carolyn F said...

All I can say is awwwwww....

Sandra a.k.a. scrapfreak1 said...

i always loved those sleepin' papa pictures.. he is just a sweety... and already getting bigger by the day