Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work after taking my maternity leave. I thought I had informed the appropriate people that I was taking six weeks off from when I had the baby. I guess no one sat down and figured it out that I would be back today. I told the staffing person at work the exact day, but I didn't tell my contracting company the exact day. There was a guy who replaced me while I was gone. He was still there today until I got a call from my contracting company saying that only one of us was supposed to be there. I was really tempted to just go home, but I decided that, after two weeks of unpaid leave, I wanted to start getting paid again, so the other guy went home. Other than that, things went fairly smoothly today. The important part for me was that the day went by fairly quickly. I couldn't wait to be back home. Of course, right now the baby is screaming probably because he is tired. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

It's always hard to head back to work. Glad it went quickly!

Monica K said...

Back to the grind! ugh! Hope working life is going okay for you, Melanie!