Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rubbing Kisses

When DS#1 was younger, he went through this phase where he would wipe my kisses off his cheek. I used to ask him, "Are you wiping my kisses off or rubbing them in?" After asking him this a few times, he would always answer, "Rubbing them in." He has always been a little sweetie. I carried this on with my next boy, who used to be so cuddly but now runs away from such signs of affection. DS#2 usually doesn't say anything when I ask him this question. Instead, he just smiles at me like he wants to appease me but in truth, he really wants to say "Wipe them off." I recently started this with my DD, who hasn't really been the type to wipe off my kisses anyway. Today, we had a little conversation when we were having ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery, that went something like this:

I kissed her hand. She says, "Don't kiss my hand!" She then proceeds to wipe off her hand.
I kissed her cheek. She looks at me and states emphatically, "I'm going to rub it in!"
She then turns back to eating her ice cream and says, "That way it will last forever."
She also says, "You can give me two kisses on my cheek every day, and I'll rub them in!"

Earlier in the day, we had several little "arguments" from what she should wear (she always wants to wear a dress, even when playing outside!) to how she wanted her hair done to how she shouldn't stick DS#3's pacifier in his mouth when he's already sleeping, etc. This just made my day a whole lot better! :)