Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

We went out of town to visit my family this weekend. We wanted to be there for my nephew's First Communion and we also wanted to give my Mom her baby fix. :) Speaking of the baby, we were relieved that he did okay traveling in the car. We had to stop a couple of times on the way there, but he slept the whole way back. DD was a horrible car traveler, so this is a welcome change. To the right is a photo of him during one of the stops. He really seemed to enjoy being outside and having the wind blowing through his partially bald head. He's got some cute fuzz on the front and more hair on the sides and back.
I have to shout out a big thank you to my Mom. My mom stayed up with the baby on Friday night. According to DH, I was "toast" and didn't even wake up when he came in to put the baby in bed. My Mom fed him at 5AM so I barely had to wake up, too. She also makes sure we have all our favorites to eat when we're there. The kids had their mango, fruit salad, donuts, etc. I got my soup. DH got some beef. DS#3 got some TLC. She and my Dad also baby-sat so DH and I could go out to dinner on Saturday night.

I have to also shout out a big thank you to my two sisters, who were very generous in entertaining my other three children. Both of them took all six kids to the bookstore and bought them books. My youngest sister took five kids (including her own two) to her neighborhood pool, bathed my DD, then drove them all back to my Mom and Dad's, where we were staying.

Today my Mom got to choose the restaurant we ate lunch at. Even though there were four of us moms involved, I considered her the "Supreme Mom". :) Below is a photo of all of us today. I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day to everyone else, including my two sisters and my DH's Mom!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Great photo! So glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day.

Catherine said...

Sounds like you had a really great Mother's Day!