The rain let up a bit today, and DH took the older boys and our friends to Sea World today. I stayed home with DD and DS#3 so we could go to DD's Tball game. She was SO tired that by the time the game rolled around at 9:30AM, she was sobbing. She sobbed before during and after batting. She sobbed as she ran the bases. She even sobbed when she was in the infield with her team. The coach had to stay by her just to get her to stay out there. In a way, I felt like a cruel parent, but in another way, I just wanted her to learn how to cope with life when she's tired. It's her own fault, after all, if she doesn't go to sleep when we want her to. We left after the standard two innings (for PreK Tball), and she fell asleep in the car on the way home. She was in much better spirits later in the day.
Luckily, DS#3 behaved when DD was misbehaving. He just doesn't sleep well during the day, however. The three of us went to the mall for lunch (after DS and I had a little nap) and DD and I even had some Haagen-Dazs ice cream (my real motivation for going to the mall). DS was awake the whole time. I had to keep the stroller moving or he got upset, but he was quiet most of the time.Tonight we had "Tortilla-encrusted Tilapia" from Costco (YUM!) and some Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory (double YUM!) after every one had some chill-out time after a tiring day. To the left is a photo of DS#3 after dinner. DH decided to prop him up on the couch. We joked about wanting to take a similar photo of our much bigger DS#1 to compare sizes with, but we didn't think we had a onesie big enough to fit him. ;-)
Below is a photo of DH, DS#3 and our friends relaxing out on our deck tonight. I hope everyone else is having a great holiday weekend! :-)
3 comments:
Love that photo of DS on the couch...I don't know how many shots I have of the boys like this...
Too funny about the onesie! :) I don't think you're a cruel mom, for what it's worth. Kids have to learn the hard way sometimes! Enjoy your weekend.
Poor baby...I can just picture her crying around the bases.
Post a Comment