I've been meaning to post about my Mother's Day treasures. When we picked up the kids from school last Friday, they each presented me with things they had made at school. DS#1 gave me a handmade card with a pop-up heart inside (which he said he figured out how to do himself). The front was unadorned except for the "To" and "From". Inside on the pop-up heart was a poem that he wrote himself:
"Clouds are grey,
So is the floor.
You're the best mama
I could ever ask for.
The clock is messed up,
Some of my classmates are too;
But one thing's for sure-
I love you!"
I started cracking up so hard after reading just the first two lines that I couldn't go on reading for several minutes! "Clouds are grey" is not a line you'd expect on a Mother's Day card, and the "so is the floor" isn't a very warm sentiment either.
DS#2 gave me a small sheet of paper that his teacher must have given everyone in the class, with premade lines for the date, greeting, and closing, and premade artwork that he colored in. First of all, the "Dear" was heavily pencilled in, and so was the "Mama" that he had previously written in on that line. This seems so typical of DS#2 who tends to avoid those types of affectionate terms. Next came his poem with mispellings included:
"I'm from America, their from Peru. Papa's the best parent and you are to! Happy Mother's Day!"
I laughed hard at that one, too. I mean--Peru?!! Also, there can only be one "best" parent, right? I guess Papa is the one! *WINK*
DD, being in PreK, had minimal writing on her gift. She gave me a cute little flower pot with a wooden pot, felt grass, and foam flower pieces for the flower. There was a small wooden clip attached to the flower with the handwritten note, "I love you Mom" which I'm sure was dictated by the teacher. Still, it is precious to me because DD wrote the note herself, and probably glued the flower together all by herself, too.
DD seems to have inherited my love for crafts. She actually "scrapped" her first photos this past week. She used some extra photos and some paper scraps and ribbon that had given her. I scanned the pages to keep, but I might go ahead and buy her an album to put these pages in so we can both enjoy the "evolution" of her scrapping later on. I'm so happy to have someone to scrap with!
Last but certainly not least, DS#3 is still a little young to be giving me little treasures. Right now he's a treasure himself. :) We had an outing yesterday, just the two of us. I wanted to go shopping at Ann Taylor (I had some things to return, actually) and I suddenly felt the urge to eat at PF Chang's. DH had to do something at the kids' school, so it was just DS#3 and me. I felt a little awkward eating by myself, but I had my favorite dish, Szechuan From the Sea with Shrimp and Scallops, and it really hit the spot. DS slept through the entire meal, thank goodness, but he woke up just as I ate the last bite. He then started crying at the top of his lungs and I quickly asked for the bill. I tried pushing the stroller back and forth, but finally had to pick him up and carry him, which calmed him down almost immediately, and he once again, fell asleep. The visit to Ann Taylor was uneventful, and we went home after that.
So, I have four little treasures. I don't always feel this way about them, but they're all angels to me right now. Of course, they're all asleep right now. They're always angels when they're asleep, aren't they? *WINK*
1 comment:
Awwwww.....such great things!
Post a Comment