Monday, May 28, 2007

Malls Are Not Baby-Friendly

I never realized how "handicap-unfriendly" malls were until I had to go there with a stroller. The first time this happened, I was with DS#1 when he was a newborn. Today, I experienced this again with DS#3. There was an elevator in the parking garage, but there were stairs just to get INTO the mall FROM the parking garage. Once in the mall, there were ramps and elevators, but the elevator was not conveniently located. Since there were a few of us, one person carried DS#3 in his car seat, and one person folded up the stroller and we all took the escalator.

When it came time to nurse, I've had to do this mostly in bathrooms. I prefer not to nurse out in the open, mostly because my children jump around a bit when they nurse and they are messy--all not conducive to privacy. Very few bathrooms have somewhere comfortable to sit. I've had to sit on the commode before, and not only is that not comfortable, but it's dirty and so clinical, for the lack of a better term.

I was playing around with my camera this weekend, so I got this adorable photo of the little man. I think he's worth all the trouble he causes, don't you? :)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

He is so cute! And I agree....away from home is not nursing-friendly!

Anita said...

What a doll. I think he's well worth the effort. Don't get me started on malls and how family unfriendly they are *sigh*....even the one with the carousel and the kids' activity area wasn't conducive to family shopping.