My dear younger sister is turning 40 next week. She wanted to do something extra special, so she made reservations at a local spa/resort so that we could have a girls’ weekend. Originally, she had wanted to do something like a weekend in Las Vegas or New York, but decided that a weekend visiting me here would be more practical.
I have to admit that I was a little reluctant, at first. I always welcome the opportunity to spend time with my two younger sisters, but I would be away from my family. I have a lot of mommy guilt already from all the time I spend away from my family because of work, and this was additional time away from them. I have some "wife" guilt too, since DH does so much for me already, and here I am leaving him for two nights. We also have a trip over the Memorial Day weekend next week for my cousin’s New Jersey wedding. The weekends are my only extra time to get caught up with stuff at home, so this "getaway" would be cutting into that also. I've also never had any "spa" type treatments, so this was a new thing for me. Still, I love my dear sister, so what else could I do? As the time got closer, I got more excited about just spending time with my sisters.
This afternoon, my dear sisters arrived in town to pick me up at my house. DH left for DS#2's last cub scout den meeting for the school year. It was a pool party, so all of the kids were going to be swimming. I did some last minute packing of some scrap supplies. My youngest sister loves to scrap, and my younger sister had just received a scrapbook as a "prize". Anyway, after I was done, we left for the resort. As we drove up to the property, the gate guard asked my younger sister's name to put on a placard to put on the car dashboard. He had the hardest time spelling her last name (my maiden name). It took him three times--despite us telling him how to spell it. My other sister and I were the ones that got upset by this, even though we didn't have that last name anymore.
It's funny how people can be particular about what they want to pay for. We decided to self park instead of valet park. As we were walking up to the hotel, my younger sister complained that we should have valet parked. My youngest sister and I just laughed since she had wheeled luggage--I mean, how hard was it? :) After we checked in, we unpacked and went to dinner. On Friday nights they have a seafood buffet, and we were very hungry. We had such a great time at dinner. We chatted and laughed, and we indulged in the great food. We shared some of the desserts, mostly because we wanted a sampling. After dinner, we went for a nice walk on some of the nature trails. It was such beautiful weather. They had some exercise stations. We stopped at the leg lift station and my youngest sister took a goofy photo of me doing the exercise. Afterwards, we washed up and my youngest sister and I started scrapping. The birthday girl had forgotten to print any photos, so she couldn't use her scrapbook prize. We're all enjoying ourselves and we're looking forward to tomorrow's fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment