Sunday, May 04, 2008

Infrequent Visitors

My youngest sister and her family don't get to visit us too often. They are always running around with various activities just like we are. Below, I'll just recap some little things that happened during their visit here this weekend:

Yesterday my brother-in-law (BIL) saw DS#1 for the first time since about Christmas. We knew DS#1 was getting pretty close in height to him. When I asked my BIL if we could put them side-by-side to see who was taller, he went from standing on the floor to standing on the first step of the stairs before he said, "Okay." He is too funny! When we put them back-to-back, my BIL was maybe about an inch taller than DS#1, so DH said, You've got about another month!

This morning, my niece asked me if she could borrow a few Magic Tree House books to read. She seemed so excited about it and I couldn't say "No" of course. I remember when DS#1 couldn't wait to get the next Magic Tree House book. That was the first series that he really got into, and DS#2 followed him in that. DD isn't ready for them yet, but her cousin, who is only 5 months older than her, is certainly ready. Another proud Auntie moment!

This afternoon, my DS#2 was telling us how happy he was that his uncle (who was playing in a soccer tournament in town this weekend) and his team were progressing to the finals. His reasoning? He was excited because now he would get to play with his cousin longer! :)

I actually get to see my younger sister a little more than the rest of her family. She'll be in town in a couple of weeks again. My other sister is turning the "big 4-0" and wants to come have a "Girls' Spa Weekend". That's going to be so fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for the spa weekend! (well...actually, I don't care if it's a spa thing or not...it'll just be fun to get away w/ you two! woohoo!)