Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

This morning, DS#2 came in and said he wanted to give me something. He seemed very proud of it. It was a rosary that he made at school and they all had them blessed by our parish priest. He said that he was almost finished with the first one when the string broke. Then, DD came in with her gift bag and envelope for me. In the bag was a frame that said "Princess" that she had painted. The envelope had her card in it with a teapot shape on it, a teabag and a cute printed poem.
A cup of tea to say thank you
For all the things you have done
Enjoy, relax and have a day
Of happiness and fun

After they had presented me with their treasures, I let them both climb into bed with me. I've always let them do that, mostly because I have fond memories of climbing into my parents' bed on the weekends. DH doesn't like it, however, because he is such a light sleeper that he can't get any rest when they're there. Well, DH had gone out for his usual Sunday morning run to get donuts, so he wasn't there, so I got to cuddle with my two middle children. It was nice. :)

I got to take an afternoon nap. I slept for two hours with DH and DS#3. I guess we all needed it! Some time after I had awakened from my nap, the kids showed me the poster they had made for me. I was so tickled to receive it. I got the idea that DS#2 was the instigator, and that made it even more precious for me because he's usually the one who runs away from me when I try to kiss him.

Last night he was asking me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I told him that I just wanted them to do as I asked them to and to show me they appreciated me. He seemed to be pushing for something material, but I just repeated what I had said. I can only imagine that he took this to heart and that's why he did this. What a sweetie! As you can see from the photo, DD made me her own little note.

We also went to a nice brunch after church and for dinner, DH grilled salmon. After the kids were in bed, I got to scrap. It was a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like it was a really wonderful day!!

Anita said...

How sweet! Makes it all worthwhile, huh? :) You look great, too.

Anita said...

How sweet! Makes it all worthwhile, huh? :) You look great, too.

Michele said...

We love snuggling in bed on the weekends too.