Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Mama's Homecoming

We met my family at 9 AM mass this morning.  We were a few minutes late because we decided that I would go get the car and pick everyone up with their luggage plus we took some last minute pictures in the hotel lobby.  DH suspected that we would be late, so he picked a pew near the back of the church.  There was an empty pew directly in front of us, and DS#3 was making his way to the empty pew as we got there.  When he saw me, he had such a big smile on his face, and he walked all the way around that long pew to the right side and then back to our pew straight to me.  He gave me a big hug and just lay there on my shoulder.  What a perfect greeting for his Mama! :) DD was sitting next to me and she gave me kisses too.  The boys just looked in my general direction, but I like to think that they had still missed me. :)

We went to brunch at La Madeleine then went home.  It was great to be home!  My sisters relaxed a bit then headed for home.  I told my dear sis that I wanted her to feel pampered and she said she was! :)

This afternoon/evening was all about end of season soccer pool parties.  DS#2 and DD had parties scheduled at about the same time.   DD's party was at the home of our good friends (and DS#3's godfather).  I spent much of my time in the hot tub with DS#3.  He hasn't enjoyed our neighborhood pool very much, we think because of the cold water.  He was still hesitant in the hot tub despite the warm temperatures, but he eventually started kicking his feet, then splashing the water with his hands while bending down, then finally, after a few hours, he started walking along the side of the hot tub.   DH and DS#2 went to this party after their party was over, so we all ended up at the same party.

It was still great weather today, and the family togetherness was a great end to my weekend!  I have to say that I had a fabulous time with my sisters, but I feel happiest when I'm with my DH and dear children. :)


6 comments:

Catherine said...

It's always great to take a break, but equally wonderful to be home.

Monica K said...

Awww! I love coming home and getting that gushy feeling, too.

Sounds like the spa day was a blast! I can't believe you enjoyed the pedicure, though. Eww! (for me) LOL!

Pam Sivage said...

It is always good to get home but the spa and shopping sound like such a great treat that you deserve!

Anita said...

There's nothing better than that beaming smile aimed at you from your child. The spa sounds wonderful. I so need a vacation!

The Mom said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!! :)

scrappermimi said...

Sounds like a great day with your sisters and having a pedicure...fun!

But your homecoming sounds even better, so sweet!