Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Young Chef's Academy



Yesterday, DD went to the Young Chef's Academy with her Daisy Girl Scouts group. One of the other moms brought her there from school. I went straight there after work. When I got there they had already made the filling for their calzones. They were kneading the dough and then rolling them out with rolling pins. Then, they filled them and folded them over and put the fork pattern on the outer rim. The adult chefs did the baking then the girls all got to eat their creations. It was pretty good, except that I prefer mine with more sauce. DD's calzone also looked pretty good, if I say so myself. Some of the girls had very flat and wide calzones. :)


I realized that I forgot to take photos of DD actually eating her calzone. She really only ate about a quarter of it, then complained of a stomachache on the way home. I'm not sure if it was the calzone, or (more likely) that she has some illness since she came home from school today with a low-grade fever. All in all, it seemed like a good experience for her. She wanted to go back there again right away, of course. I guess I'd better start letting her help me in the kitchen! :)

5 comments:

Catherine said...

This looks really fun!

Karen said...

How cute!! It looks like a good calzone to me!

Rachael said...

Isn't that the best place??? Their pizza roller cutter thing is excellent too!!

I didn't realize they were around the country! We had Macy's 4 year bday there and everyone loved it!

Such a fun place!!

Anita said...

What a fun thing to do! Wish they had that around here.

The Mom said...

I see that place when I drive over to go to the LSS and always thought it would be neat to take the kids too. Looks like she had a lot of fun!!