Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 3 Water Fun

The weatherman on the local news this morning dubbed today the most beautiful day of the year. The temperatures ranged from about 60-80 with a nice breeze, which balanced that warmth of the sun. We took the opportunity to spend most our day outside. I went out on a kayak for the first time ever. I was a little apprehensive at first, because I don't swim very well, but I stayed near the shoreline and I wore a life vest. DH kept a close eye on me too, I think. He was outside for part of the time with DS#3, who was playing with his shovel and pail again. I had a really great time on that kayak! DS#3 joined me for a bit, and then DS#2 took his place. Later, DH went with me. I felt so relaxed out there, and it was nice to have little chats with whomever was out there with me. My hands were probably the most sore, since I was holding that paddle very tightly. Later, I could feel the burn in my left shoulder, which I've been having problems with, recently. We'll see what I feel like tomorrow, but I'm going out on that kayak again tomorrow, for sure.

The boys got the opportunity to go out on the inner tube. I was back at the cottage with DD and a virtually napless DS#3 while everyone else went on the boat. At one point, DS#2 said he was airborne, at which DH apparently told Grandpa to slow down. They both went twice, and DS#2 was disappointed that he couldn't go again.

This evening, our hosts treated us to a wonderful dinner at a local restaurant. Most of us ordered seafood. DD and DS#2 got pasta and lots of it. For some reason, DD didn't want the meatballs that came with her spaghetti, so DS#3 enjoyed them instead. I think Grandma was amazed that DS#1, who ordered the same dish as Grandpa, actually finished his meal before Grandpa did. Grandma said that Grandpa was the "fastest eater" she knew--until now, I guess! :) I had the Seafood Platter and I shared my salmon with DD as usual. In fact, I gave some of my food to each of my three boys also. I was so full that I barely ate any dessert, if you can believe that! *WINK*

We put the youngest two in bed a little earlier tonight. They both needed to catch up on sleep! Tomorrow, we're hoping to get together with DH's cousin and her boys again. We're also expecting our good friends from Illinois to arrive. They still live in the town where we used to live before we moved to Texas. He's DH's best friend and DD's godfather. We can't wait!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Glad you are having a good time!!!

The Mom said...

Check out my blog when you get a chance!!! :)