Monday, July 28, 2008

More WI Photos

Again, time is short, but here are a few more photos from last week's trip to Wisconsin. This first one is of DS#2 who, for whatever reason, decided to stay in the water and allow these ducks (which would visit at least twice a day, every day, to swim up near him and nip at his shins. The ducks kept coming back for the next hour or so after that, maybe to find their friend? Who knows, but our friend G said they were there to see "Duck Boy" and we all started calling DS#2 "Duck Boy" whenever we saw the ducks coming back.

Here, DH wanted to see if DS#3 wanted to ride in the kayak with him. As you can see here, DS#3 did not want to let go of that bucket! I think he was afraid that if he let go, his sister would take it from him! The ride was very short because DS#3 didn't want to be in that kayak. I think he just didn't want to be in that position where the life vest was shoved up his neck into his face.

This photo is to remind me about the the water guns that Grandma bought for $0.75 a piece. She knew her boys (including DH) would enjoy shooting each other with water guns. DH really acts like one of his children when he gets hold of one of these! It was difficult to get photos of them shooting each other. DS#1 obliged me (what a good boy!) by posing in this "action" photo!

I still laugh when I see this photo of DD posing for the camera. I was trying to take a photo of DS#2 fishing off of the pier with DH helping him and DD looking on. When she saw me with the camera, she immediately went into the pose you see here. At first I tried to tell her to stop posing like that, but then DH turned around to walk away. I saw how he did a double-take to see his DD posing in such a way. I had to snap a picture, of course! :)

Last but not least, DS#3 really enjoyed that bucket and shovels. He started sitting on the little patio and just digging in the dirt and rocks. I don't think you can appreciate it here in this small photo, but his legs are just covered in rock dust and dirt. He was SO filthy!

I don't have time to proofread. I hope I spelled everything correctly! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

These are such great pictures! I love the narrative that goes with them and I'm wondering if DS #2 will forever be know as Duck Boy, if DD will be on next seasons "America's Top Model" and if DS#3 will ever recover from the trauma of having to wear a life jacket. :)

Pam Sivage said...

Looks like everyone is having a blast. DD has "the" look down!