Friday, July 11, 2008

Shopping Day

The day began with a farewell to my parents, sister, and her kids. There are so many times that I wish that we lived in the same city! I had just eaten breakfast, so instead of going to exercise, we decided to do some shopping.

DH and I have been planning to redo our living room this year. I've always been a little embarrassed to have anyone over because our living room doesn't look very nice. DH has insisted that we need to start with the flooring before we do any repainting or buying of furniture. We have carpet in the office, dining room, living room, and DS#1's bedroom that we'd like to change to hardwood floors. We already have hardwood floors in the kitchen, breakfast room, entryway, and downstairs bathroom.

Since today was a day off for me, DH wanted me to look at some hardwood floors at Lowe's and Costco. The kids entertained themselves as best they could. At one point, DS#3 was sitting down on one of the displays, but most of the time he was pushing around the shopping cart. I got a few pics of the kids including this cute one of DD with DS#3. I even took a short video of DS#3 pushing the cart around at Costco.

We spent most of the afternoon at home, but for dinner, we went to one of the local malls and ate at their Food Court. My main motivation in going to the mall was the One Day Sale at Macy's. I really needed some new bras. DD went with me, of course, while the boys went to Gamestop. During my search, she was her usual chatty self. The following are some conversations we had:

DD: This bra is pink. Do you want this bra, Mama? It's pink.
Me: I don't like pink.
DD: I thought you liked pink, Mama.
Me: I like pink, but I don't want a pink bra. (Mind you, this was a hot pink bra. DD seems to be drawn to very bright-colored bras.)

DD: Why are you shopping only for yourself?
Me: Because you don't wear bras!
DD: I wish I could wear a bra!

As I was walking around the racks of bras, she was squeezing them and saying "Squeak! Squeak!" She also "helped" me in the fitting room by taking the bras off the hangers and giving them to me to try on. She was, of course, constantly giving me her opinion:
DD: That one looks good on you, Mama.
Me: I don't like the way it looks. I'm just fat.
DD: You're not fat, Mama. You just look like you're going to have another baby!
Me: That is NOT what I want to hear.

Of course, during our fitting room session, I heard her say, "Look at me, Mama!" I turned to see this. I had to take a picture, of course! *SIGH*This picture will most certainly strike fear in DH's heart!

7 comments:

Pam Sivage said...

LOL!! love the last picture!!

Catherine said...

What a great story! LOL...you'll have to remind her of this when she's about 11.

The Mom said...

LOL, that is a great story!! That picture is too cute too!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! :D
Remind me never to take Aly bra shopping with me. ;)

Laura said...

LOL That is too cute! She looks so thrilled to be holding that bra. See if she's still smiling like that when she's your age and looking at bras. ;)

Emma said...

OH she's a character! What a fun shopping partner.

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.