Wednesday, July 30, 2008

SeaWorld Summer Nights

Tonight, DH went with the oldest three kids to SeaWorld for their special "Summer Nights" shows. It's one of those fun summer things we've never had a chance to do before, mostly because one of the kids were too young. Some time ago, DH and I decided that we would make the effort to give the older kids a chance to do these things. It takes both of us, of course. Usually I'm the one who stays with the baby, mostly because I dislike being outside in the heat and humidity and DH tolerates it better than I do.

While they were gone, I went to the mall with DS#3 instead of just hanging out at home. Hanging out at the mall is something I've always enjoyed. I get to walk around (with air conditioning) and getting a little exercise instead of sitting around at home. DS#3 gets to hang out in the stroller and observe all the interesting sights and sounds. I was in one store and I saw him reaching out and pulling at the clothes on the rack. I thought he was cute because he looked like he was shopping. :) I also thought he was cute when when he started making whimpering noises when I went into yet another clothing store. He actually seemed like he recognized that those were clothes and was telling me that he didn't want to be there! Soon after that I decided to let him out of the stroller so he could get a little exercise (and get tired out!) and luckily, he walked in the direction that I wanted him to walk. Oh, and we also shared a Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream Shake. I think he had half of the shake before I realized it. That's okay--DH and I want to fatten him up a little!

At home, I gave DS#3 a bath. He really loves baths! He likes to put bath water in the little cup, look at the water in the cup, and then watch the water pouring out of the cup. He's so adorable when he kicks his little legs and moves his little hands up and down so he can splash water everywhere. Tonight he was ready for bed after his bath and a book.

The other kids were all also exhausted when they got home from SeaWorld tonight. They were only there for a couple of hours, but from the stories they were telling, they had a lot of fun. I'm glad we all had a great night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - so I want pics of the cute baby playing in the bath! And...you DID get a pic of him "shopping", didn't you? ;) So wish that we could go to Summer Nights like what you have there. My kids would have a blast (and lots of stories) just like yours!!

Pam Sivage said...

Sounds like a fun night for everyone!

The Mom said...

AWW he sounds so cute "shopping"!!! Glad you all had a great time!!

Catherine said...

Sometimes the best thing is to just "divide and conquer" those kidlets! It sounds like everyone had things they liked to do.

Monica K said...

Sounds like a great day was had by all! I think I would have enjoyed the mall more, too!

Someday I'm going to make it to SeaWorld. DH used to live in San Antonio so he's been there tons of times.

Lily said...

Thanks for the fun peak into your life

Rachael said...

Very cute!! Sounds like a wonderful day!!

I just wanted to say thank you for always coming to my blog and commenting!! I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much of a chance to blog hop and I feel bad when people come to mine and I don't return the favor!! So, thanks!! :) Have a great week!