Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March 24-25

For the last couple of weeks, this little man has been proving to us that he is about to turn two. He is irritable and cries easily, especially when you tell him "no" or you don't know what he wants. He is also trying to get rid of his afternoon nap. It's a good thing he's cute, isn't it?

Yesterday evening, he was lying
down on this coffee table in the living room watching "Go, Diego, Go". In the time it took for me to take the lens cap off the camera, turn it on, and take a picture, he saw me, got up, and gave me this cheesy smile. Yup, it's a good thing he's cute! *WINK*

Tonight, DS#1 had two of his pieces of artwork displayed with the work of other kids in the school district. I don't know who chose the pieces. I'll have to ask DS#1 tomorrow. This is an acrylic painting where DH said that DS#1 had used a song as his inspiration. I don't understand abstract art at all, but I do love the vivid colors he used here.

This is a charcoal drawing that DS#1's teacher named "Shoe From Bottom". The high school teachers gave blue ribbons to the middle school students and the middle school teachers gave blue ribbons to the high school students. Apparently the top two high school students got scholarships. I'm rather impressed how true to life this drawing is, and I guess I wasn't the only one, because this drawing received a blue ribbon as a "Teacher's Choice". DH and I are so proud!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

The art pieces are wonderful!

Helmka Family said...

Your little one is so adorable!!! Love his smile.
Congrats to DS#1 on the paintings being displayed and the award. He is very good!
Karen