Friday, May 29, 2009

Calming Down

We started the day by going to the kids' school to watch a play about the birth of Texas. DS#2's fourth grade class combined with another class to put on the play. He played the part of a Spanish Conquistador looking for the "Seven Cities of Gold". It was hard to hear some of the students speak, but most of it was pretty entertaining.

The only thing DS#2 had to say to me at the end was that the hat he had to wear was too big and kept falling off. During the play he tried his best to not look my direction just in case I was taking a picture, or at least it seemed like it, but he did willingly let me take a picture of him with his dreaded hat on when the play concluded.

After the play, we headed to the Container Store to look at their shelving for our closet. At first, DS#3 at first was happily playing with some of the displays. When he decided that he had had enough of the store, he decided then and there. I managed to steer him towards the bathroom because I needed to go there, but I felt really sorry for the two ladies that were in there with us. It was a small bathroom and he was really, really loud. We spent the next half hour or so outside, and he was wailing for the whole time. Needless to say, he fell asleep on the way home, so exhausted from from all of that crying.

The other bad news was that after we spent that whole time planning our space with their consultant, we found out that the main parts will not be in stock until June 8. *SIGH* I guess we have to wait a little longer to have our "new" closet.

This evening, we did our usual playscape/swim team practice routine. I'm finally trying to use some manual settings on my camera after four years or so of owning this camera. I recently bought some photography books and I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm just now actually reading my owner's manual. I'm also really enjoying my new lens. DS#3 wasn't totally cooperative, but considering how we started, I was pleased with some of the results.

In other news, I'm pleased to say that DS#1 made the "Super 2" team again. What a relief! Apparently, he didn't get the last slot this time, as the coach still had some phone calls to make after he called DH. I'm happy for him, but I'm also looking forward to not having any more soccer practices for a while. Ah, summer is almost here!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Bummer about the closet stuff but congrats to DS!