Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I actually got to "sleep in" until 9AM this morning! That doesn't count waking up when DS#3 woke up and such, but I got to stay in bed until 9AM and I really needed that. When DH brought DS#3 to bed at around 6-6:30AM, he made a beeline for my side of the bed and my pillow. It was the perfect Mother's Day snuggle. :)

We had brunch at the Scenic Loop Cafe at 10AM. It was a little warm outside, but it was very breezy, so it was pleasant. DS#1 and DS#2 filled up on muffins from the buffet, although DS#1 threw in some meat, too. DS#2 had to have lots of fruit, of course. DD ate up her chicken tenders and a cinnamon roll rather quickly, but DS#3 barely ate anything except a few french fries and a small bit of fruit. They didn't have shrimp on their buffet, so I ordered off the menu. They also didn't have my favorite dessert, Creme Brulee on their buffet, so I had to order that separately, of course.

DH and I often worry about how little DS#3 eats, but we have to reassure ourselves that he does eat a lot sometimes, and he is still growing. He looked really cute in his little outfit today, especially with his red car sneakers on. :) He and DD played on the playscape they had outside at the restaurant.

DS#2 had another soccer game game today. They lost this game, unfortunately, and got third place in the tournament. DS#2 gave me the sweetest gift this morning. I was making the bed in my room when he walked in, told me "Happy Mother's Day" and then practically threw his "gift" across the bed to me. It was a little "coupon booklet" simply made out of index cards and written in pencil. He had coupons for a "free picture" and "free massage". I thought to myself that I shouldn't have to have a coupon to be able to take pictures of him, but this was a sweet gesture on his part, so I kept my mouth shut. Later he said that I didn't have to use any coupons today because today was Mother's Day. That's why he willingly smiled for my Mother's Day picture. He can be such a sweet boy! :)

I hope everyone else had a fantastic Mother's Day today!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad you had a good Mother's Day!!

Jules said...

Love the photo!!!!