Wednesday, May 06, 2009

How To Entertain a Toddler During Dance Class

Last week, DH took DD to her dance class and had to entertain DS#3. See HERE for how he "entertained" him by allowing him to get himself wet at the water fountain. Today it was my turn. At first I let him have Goldfish crackers, or "Fee" as he calls them. We went to the restroom to wash his hands, and I realized that I could occupy him for a few minutes by letting him play with the water in the sink. I figured that at least there were paper towels there to wipe him up. He did get his shirt a little wet, from leaning on the counter, but it wasn't soaked like it was last week.

Unfortunately, the water fountain is right by the restroom, so when we came out, he wanted to go to the water fountain again. I didn't want him to, but I did allow him one drink. Then I distracted him by letting him go into DD's dance class to watch. Before I knew it, it was time to go. Whew! We made it through another dance class without TOO much of a tantrum.

By the way, I thought this was a cool photo of DD skipping by me. They do this "freeze dance" at the end of every class. The girls all dance however they want to dance while carrying these colorful scarves. When the music stops, they stop. DD always looks so happy and carefree during this dance. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Creative ways to distract a toddler....moms could write a book!