
I don't have too much time to post, but I couldn't resist posting a few favorite pictures from our trip. This first one is a favorite because the boys are smiling so nicely. The story behind the photo, however, is that DS#1 is trying to keep DS#2 from raising his arms enough to do the bunny ears thing behind DS#1's head. I also love looking at shots of the Reflecting Pool with the Washington Monument in the background.

DH took probably close to twenty shots of DD climbing on top of DS#1 while he was texting. The two of them were laughing so hard and having such a good time. DS#3 couldn't resist and got in on the act too. He climbed on top of the pile. He got into trouble once when he climbed on top of DS#2 and proceeded to fall off the edge of the bed. He wants to keep up with the big kids but he's not quite capable of doing everything they do yet.

I thought the colors came out really well in this photo. It was so bright and sunny but hazy that a lot of colors came out muted, but for some reason this one didn't. This was taken on the day we had tickets for the Washington Monument but we were killing time walking around the National Mall before our noontime tickets.

I had to take this one without the flash because otherwise the colors came out so harsh. The pose was DS#1's idea--he is so creative. Unfortunately, I had to take a picture of that white thing in the foreground, because it was in the way. It's a stand with a description of the wing where they housed the portraits of all of the past U.S. presidents.

DH has to take all the credit for this photo. He took it with my new lens when he and DS#2 were visiting the monuments at night. I did fix the lighting just a touch just because I can't help but tinker with that stuff, but it's a really gorgeous shot, isn't it? He's been trying to learn more about photography and it shows. :)

This is another super-cool shot taken by DH. DS#2 is looking at fountains at the WWII Memorial. That really is a beautiful area with all of the water and stone, by the way. I just love how you can see DS#2's face just a little, and he also looks perfectly centered on that halo of light illuminating the wall so that it looks like the light was meant to be there. This is also such a peaceful, reflective-type photo, which is probably totally opposite of what DS#2 was feeling at the time. He was SO excited to be seeing those monuments at nighttime with his Papa!
5 comments:
Awesome picture of DS#2! That is really the most beautiful monument to see at night. What an incredible trip for the kids!
These are some really great photos!
Great shots!!
Great shots - I'm enjoying seeing what you've posted from your trip. Looking forward to more?
WOW! That bottom one is amazing. The rest are good but wowsers that bottom one.
Post a Comment