Monday, July 20, 2009

Groceries and DS#1

After I picked DS#1 up from his summer camp this afternoon, we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Around 4PM or so I start getting a little hungry, and DS#1 is always hungry so this was a bad combination. When we were there, DS#1 kept checking out the free food samples. I will usually pass up the free samples, but I ate a couple of things just because he was sampling them. One of those things was some cheese flavored with garlic and herbs spread on crackers. That was really yummy, so we put that in our cart. We got the usual milk, bread, and sandwich meat, but DS#1 requested some Haagen-Dazs Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream so we picked some of that up too, along with a couple of other types of ice cream. He saw a sale on Pringle's cheddar flavored potato chips--yup, that went in the basket, too. I did manage to put some non-snack items in our cart, but it was definitely not a good idea to take a hungry teenager to the grocery store! He even made a comment about how he never goes to the grocery store. That's usually because DH will leave him home with the kids since it takes longer with all of the kids there. Of course DS#1 proved today that it takes longer when DS#1 is there, too. *WINK*

For dinner he requested his favorite Schlotzky's sandwich--an "Original" with meat and cheese only on jalapeno cheese bread with Dijon Mustard. DH picked some Schlotzky's sandwiches up on his way home from DD's piano practice. DH and I usually get variations on the "Original" sandwich while DD gets their pizza and DS#2 gets the Kids' Ham and Cheese sandwich. I thought this was an appropriate picture given our grocery trip today and how hungry DS#1 was. DH got him a medium sized sandwich (DH and I both got smalls), which came with that big drink, too.

Some time after dinner we saw the dark skies and heard some nearby thunder. We also saw the wind pick up and the air just smelled like it was going to rain. DH jokingly sent the kids outside to do a rain dance since we need rain badly. They did just that! They were making so much noise that he had to quiet them down for fear of disturbing our neighbors. Here's a quick picture I took of DS#3 running into the street. It sprinkled just a little but NO RAIN! Grrrr!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

The amount of rain we got was pathetic! You could see the storms off to the east of us building up after they passed over us. And if that cheese with the herbs and garlic is the same one we tried once at Costco it is so good!!

Catherine said...

Yes, welcome to the Teenage Boy Appetite years. They are ALWAYS hungry...lol!