Sunday, July 19, 2009

Helpers

First of all I wanted to show photographic proof of DS#3's polished toes. You might need to click on the picture to see it zoomed in, but I think it's pretty subtle. DH threatened to get the nail polish remover out, but I don't think he really knows where I keep that and I don't even know if he knows how to use it. On a side note, I do think DS#3 has some cute little toes, don't you?

I've been on beeper call all weekend, which has limited my activities somewhat. I wanted to go to Academy today though, to look for some workout gloves and shorts. DD always wants to go shopping with me, whether it's for clothes, food, or whatever, but DS#3 heard us and wanted to get out of the house too. DH had gone out so I took a chance and took both kids with me. Of course everything takes longer when you have two little helpers with you.

First, DS#3 insisted on getting a shopping cart. He won't ride in it, he just likes to push it around and keep you from doing your shopping because you're always trying to keep him from hitting anyone or anything with the cart. Luckily, DD wanted to ride in it and therefore DS#3 wanted to ride in it too. This at least had the effect of keeping them corralled, even if it was difficult to push that cart in between the narrow areas between clothing racks.

I managed to finish my shopping and of course I'd forgotten my reusable shopping bags, so I was going to just carry everything to the car. DD was fascinated with my workout gloves (she even said she wanted to use them) so she carried that. To my surprise, DS#3 also wanted to carry something and grabbed the two pairs of shorts with the hangers from the checkout girl. He was so hilarious carrying those shorts across the parking lot. I was sure that he was going to drop them in the dirt, but he managed to hang on. I didn't take a picture until we were safely across the parking lot and next to my car. Aren't they the cutest little helpers?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

You are lucky to have such great little helpers!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I know how you feel - I dread taking the kids w/ me shopping. Sounds like they were really good for you, though! And I'm wondering about your workout gloves - are they weighted for the Strike class, or just so that your hands don't get calluses from the bar?