Thursday, July 30, 2009

Last Day of Summer Camp

Today was DS#1's last day of Summer Camp. I've been bringing him a snack when I pick him up, usually cookies. I had planned to do a little something special like getting him a shake, but he got out from his final exams about an hour early. He and a couple of friends walked to a nearby Wendy's so he bought himself a Frosty and thus got his own snack. :)

DH had some Costco rebate money to spend, so he went ahead and bought DS#1 a new laptop to use for school. Since he'll be working with computers quite a bit at school, we figured that he could use his own. It has a 17-inch screen to make it easier for him to use for some of the graphics programs they'll be working with. DH has reasoned that since DS#1 is "saving us money" by going to a public school instead of the private Catholic school that we had originally hoped he would go to, then we could splurge a little on some of his school "supplies". I think DH just wanted to buy another computer. ;-)

I thought this was too funny. DS#1 was playing with his new laptop, surfing on the wireless Internet, and texting all at the same time. He's already hoping to buy some games to play on his new computer. DH and I aren't sure about that yet, but it would make a good incentive for him to continue making good grades. We've been lucky that we haven't needed to provide incentives before.

2 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I just love that he's always smiled at the camera for you! (unlike some other boys that we know...). Congrats to him for finishing his first high school class - sounds like it was a good one to start off with! He is so "connected" now! :)

Catherine said...

Ain't technology grand? How did we ever do without some of this stuff?