I bought the EA Active "game" for the Wii a few weeks ago, on the advice of my dear sisters, but I really only opened it yesterday. As you can see from the photo, DD had a little fun with the security sticker from the game. It was actually DS#2's idea first, but she grabbed that sticker from him and ran with it.I really need to start exercising more regularly, and so far this has been a fun way to do that. I chose the "30 Day Challenge" option which comes up with a workout plan (different for each day) for 20 days out of 30 (with built in rest days). I was so sore today after the squats I did yesterday, but I was really hurting after the lunges today. So far, some of the fun seems to be from the comments my children make while I'm exercising. Each of them try to repeat the encouraging words that the program says, things like, "You're doing great!" and "You're putting so much into this!" (I can't remember the actual phrases, but they were something like that. Just imagine your children saying that to you.) Of course, DS#3 is also intrigued and watches it intently just like when he watches TV. He will also come and give my legs a hug while I'm exercising--not an ideal time but I can't refuse some loving from my cute baby.
DS#2 and DD have really been intrigued by this game as well. They both made their "profiles". DD actually did a whole 30 minute exercise session for her 30 Day Challenge. DS#2 hasn't done a whole program yet, but he made up his own "custom workout" including a bunch of the sports games like Baseball and Tennis. They both got along (for once) for short periods of time while they were "working out" together, which is one of the options in this game. So far this has been a wise purchase, both because it's something I might actually stick with because of the variety, and because the kids can get their exercise without having to go outside in the 100 plus degree temps we've been having in our part of the world.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun way to exercise!
So glad you tried it out! It really does come in handy when you don't have time to go to the gym...and you KNOW I'm not going to be exercising outside in the heat, if I can help it! But...I don't like my kids to watch me. (I have enough encouragement from the little person/trainer inside the game, thank you.)
Hope you won't have to fight the kids over it like I had to at first!
Post a Comment