Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dining Out Should Be A Treat

DH doesn't like to cook and I don't have the energy to cook by the time I get home from work, especially since I've been picking up DS#1 at school and not getting home until 4:30PM. Today DH didn't really have time to cook even if he did want to. After DD and DS#2 got home on the bus at 3PM, DH took them to DS#2's guitar lessons. When that was over, he took them to their Faith Formation classes (also called church school or CCD) and we picked them up at 5:30PM. We decided to go out and eat for dinner tonight. DH always likes to joke about how that's the way he "cooks".

When we got to the restaurant, there was a fire truck outside. Some people waiting outside informed us that they were out there because the power was out. Apparently the power was out all over The Rim shopping area. We only found out just a few minutes ago that a transformer blew and that the power is still out. Thank goodness we decided not to wait there and instead we decided to go to Chili's instead.

We had a nice dinner there but of course we were a bit rushed getting the kids to bed when we finally got home. It was already 7:30PM, which is DD and DS#2's bedtime. DD hadn't practiced her piano today yet and her lesson is tomorrow, so we had to do that. We also had to bathe the youngest two. Rush, rush, rush! I have a coworker that has grown kids and she tells me that I'll miss all the rushing around when the kids are grown. I know I'll miss the kids, but I'm not sure I'll miss the rushing around!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Yeah, that's a good perspective ...missing the kids but not the rushing.