Monday, October 19, 2009

Grands!® Taco Melts

I know I have to work on my food photography (as well as other kinds of photography) but DH and I tried this new recipe tonight. It's really easy and the kids actually ate it! I had to post this because maybe we'll actually find some new recipes to enjoy and DH and I will actually cook instead of take out/eat out! This is from the Pillsbury website. I didn't use the taco seasoning because I have the simplified way to make taco meat using chili powder and salsa plus the mix is usually a little salty. I even got out a couple of Pampered Chef products that I haven't used since I got them a few years ago.



INGREDIENTS
1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits (any variety)
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)
1 cup sour cream, if desired


DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa and cooked ground beef until thickened.
3. Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Fill each with taco mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold dough over filling and press to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream.

Tomorrow is another busy soccer practice day except that DS#1 has to go to his school to choose electives for next year already, so he will probably miss practice. I hope to have more exciting pictures to show tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

These look good!