Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Recap in Pictures

How much sleep do you think this little girl got the night before her cousin's birthday party? The birthday girl didn't stay the night but DD spent a lot of time talking to her other cousin. My mom said that they were still talking at 11PM and they got up before 7AM!

As soon we got to the party DS#3 ran up to my sister and gave her a hug (so cute!), without any prompting from anyone. He then sat in one of the stools next to his cousin A. Then, I think he noticed all of the new faces and started clinging to me. There were chairs for other people like parents to sit at, but DS#3 not only refused to participate in the party with the other kids, but he refused to sit in the chairs. Instead he preferred to sit on the window sill. I figured it was because the sill was just the right size for him to negotiate on his own. He did much better at this cooking party than his sister's cooking party, however. He played with his trains, drank lemonade, and stayed close to me and DS#2.

As you can see, DD started to "wake up" later during the party. I didn't realize until I uploaded this to the computer that she is putting that plastic knife right where her missing teeth are. She was licking the knife after icing her cupcake, something I warned her was dangerous to do. The recipe they made was a "wreath" made out of crescent rolls (for wrapping around the filling), and then a mixture of chicken, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, condensed cream of chicken soup, and cheese for the filling. DD refused to eat it because of the broccoli, so I ate it and found it very tasty.

After the party we went to my sister M's house and opened the gifts. The girls played for a bit before we went to church. Instead of spending the night there, the birthday girl E decided to spend the night at her cousin A's house. There are the girls right before bedtime. They kept chatting until probably around 10PM so my sister M separated them and DD ended up sleeping on the floor of the room DS#2 slept in.

I took this photo this morning. DS#3 looked so funny with the huge Guitar Hero guitar around his neck. He was also singing some song that I didn't recognize. DD is ever the "ham" here with her posing. Both of them looked pretty cute playing together.

We probably left for home around 9:30AM and we had an uneventful trip for the most part. DS#2 was such a big help with all the preparations to leave. He made sure his luggage and his sister's luggage were packed and brought downstairs. He took it upon himself to fill the cooler with drinks and he packed the extra snacks that my mom offered. I was so proud of him!

We were home for a short period of time before we headed to DS#1's soccer game. This game was a pretty physical one. The referee didn't control the game as he should have and a fight broke out during the last few minutes of the game. Unfortunately, my son's team lost 2-0 but they played well against a team that apparently usually scores many more goals during each game. We went out to a local burger joint with some of the team and then came home to get ready for tomorrow. It was a fun trip, but it's great to be home!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

Great pictures!! I love the one of DS3 dragging his chair!!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Great pics! Talked to Aly this morning, and she said that the dish they made was yummy. Somehow, I think she might've been one of the few who enjoyed the broccoli. ;)

Catherine said...

Very cute photos! I like the chair dragging photo as well...