I'm so used to posting every day that it was weird not posting last night, but I was way too tired last night. I need more sleep than I usually get so I'm worn out by Thursday. We didn't even have soccer practice last night. I didn't even take any pictures yesterday!
It was raining most of last night and yesterday morning, so I knew that I would not be parking in the usual parking lot at work because of what happened the last time. The rain did stop around lunchtime and then the sun came out. The weather was absolutely beautiful with the temperatures in the mid 70s with a cool breeze.
When I picked up DS#1, he still hoped that soccer wasn't cancelled but really the fields were still too wet. Because all of the kids were home, DH and I took the opportunity to go out to eat by ourselves. We went to a nearby Italian restaurant that we haven't been to yet and that a co-worker recommended. He had the Veal Parmagiana and I had some sort of mixed seafood dish with liguine and "spicy" marinara. That's how the menu described the sauce but in reality it wasn't spicy at all. We enjoyed ourselves and we will definitely go there again.
Because soccer was cancelled, the kids had time to pack. I'm taking the three youngest kids with me to Houston this weekend. My dear niece E is having her birthday party. Only DS#1 has soccer games this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday so he will stay at home with DH. The other kids are taking the opportunity of this soccer-free weekend to visit our family. I can tell that my mom is already chomping at the bit to see DS#3. We may stay at one of three different houses (my parents' and my sisters' houses) this weekend but she doesn't care which one as long as DS#3 is there. I hope he behaves for her!
I told DS#1 that I would miss him (and DH too *WINK*). I saw him last night and we said "goodbye" to each other and I won't see him again until Sunday. I am going to be such a wreck when he goes off to college!
1 comment:
have fun!
Post a Comment