This has been a weird week. I was on call Sunday and tonight which meant that I was at home on Monday and Tuesday AND Wednesday (during the day) and tomorrow too. As a result, I've gotten to spend lots of time with DH and DS#3. On Monday and Tuesday we exercised and then went shopping. Today I decided to skip the exercise and go to Target with DS#3. I asked him if he wanted to go shopping and he told me that he "like go shopping". I was so amazed that I had to laugh. :)
Some other random things from the last few days:
--I was shopping for lingerie and although DH was in the store, DS#3 ran through the store and away from DH so he could catch up to me so he could go with me into the fitting room. I was a little bummed that I couldn't be myself, but I was tickled that DS#3 wanted to be with me so much.
--I was on the sofa reading a magazine while DS#3 was watching Dora or Diego when he decides that he has to be right there next to me. DH has a picture on his blog but I'm at work so I can't get to any of the pictures. So, I awkwardly held the magazine with one hand while DS#3 was laying on the other arm.
--Speaking of Dora and Diego, DS#3 has been watching quite a bit of those two shows since last week when he first got sick. I've been letting him but mostly because he at least interacts with the shows and he looks so darned cute when he dances to the theme songs.
--Last Friday, DS#2 won a Blockbuster gift card so he kept bugging me until finally I took him there yesterday. He really wanted to buy a video game for the Playstation 3. He narrowed down his choices but at the same time saying that he wished that his big brother was there to help him decide. I kept telling him that he didn't have to spend all his money during that one trip. We could come back some other time. He decided on the $50 used game, but I told him that if he was going to spend that much then he should just get a new game. He finally decided on the $15 game but at first he said he was going to spend his own money so he could save the gift card. What? Does that even make sense? Finally, he spent the gift card and the game ended up being only $10. He had a lot of fun playing with that game after returning home.
--DS#1 is back to school this week after being out last week. He was at soccer practice yesterday and he ended up throwing up a little at the end of practice. DH and I have told him to drink plenty of fluids and to not overdo the activity since his body is still recovering. DS#1's coach was telling him the same thing but DS#1 told him that he really wanted to play. DS#1 said that his coach liked that he always gave it his all. DS#1's teachers have also apparently commented that they are amazed that he has already caught up on all the work that he missed last week.
--Speaking of bugging me, DD has been bugging me to take her to Payless Shoes ever since she heard that they were having a sale. Ever since she was a toddler, I guess she always heard me say that I wasn't going to buy something because it wasn't on sale, so she often asks me if something is on sale so she can ask me to buy it for her. Even with my "days off" the timing hasn't been right to take her to Payless. Either I'm still napping or she goes off to her piano lesson or Faith Formation class. I'm going to have to try to take her tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment