I've always been a little shy and because of this I'm slow to make friends. My comfort zone is my family. When we moved to Illinois for a couple of years, I was "forced" to make friends because my family was back in Texas. I made some very good friends this way, some lifelong friends.
Whenever a social situation comes up involving people I don't know very well I get a little apprehensive. It's easier for me not to go. I have to tell myself that it'll be good for me to go. Tonight was one of those social situations. One of my colleagues at work wanted to get a group together for a "girl's night" so we could get to know each other better and maybe smooth out some stressful situations involving work. I didn't get home from Anthony's soccer game until 6:30PM and the "get together" was at 7:30PM. I didn't really feel like going because of the above and also because I've barely seen the kids the past couple of days, but after spending about 45 minutes at home I left again.
Only two others were there, including the hostess, but for me, having a smaller group is easier anyway. I had a lot of fun just talking to them about various subjects. I ate way too much of the cheese fondue and then the chocolate fondue but it was all good. We talked about getting together again. I might still be reluctant to go, but I'll go. It'll be good for me to get out of my comfort zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment