Thursday, January 14, 2010

Flaming Hot Cheetos

My kids all love Flaming Hot Cheetos, even Eric. Here he is having his dessert after not really eating lunch but then eating almost two hotdogs for dinner. He didn't like the way it stained his hands. After he had finished all of the Cheetos on his plate, he tried desperately to wipe off his hands so he could pick up his milk cup, but when he couldn't, he was unhappy. Luckily I convinced him to let me wash his hands completely before drinking his milk.

Then I thought that I should get a picture of Natalie too. Alex wouldn't have stayed still for a photo. He gobbled up his Flaming Hot Cheetos pretty quickly anyway, and then left the table. You may not be able to tell, but Natalie is holding that Cheeto in her mouth and holding it there until I took the picture. She's such a poser!

Speaking of Natalie, she has been in trouble a lot recently. Yesterday, she snuck some M&Ms for a snack without asking and got grounded. Today she presented her Reading Log to Patrick. This is something he asked about at the beginning of the quarter but that she denied all knowledge of. Well, now it's due tomorrow and she hasn't been writing down any of her times. Ugh! She's grounded again. Patrick didn't feel right writing down times that may or may not be accurate. We know she is reading but we didn't keep track of how long she's been reading. After all, that's what the reading log is for--to keep track. So, he wrote a letter to her teacher explaining the situation. Hopefully she'll still get a decent grade but if she doesn't, we hope she learns a lesson from this.

Now, on to happier themes. Before we found out about the Reading Log, we gave Natalie and Eric their baths. After their baths, they were running around the bathroom. Eric had put on Natalie's headband with bling on it. He got mad at her when she tried to take it off. Patrick doesn't like girly items on his son but he was busy taking down the Christmas Tree with Anthony. I settled them down to watch "Go, Diego, Go" so I could go take a shower. Don't they look happy? Doesn't Eric look quirky in that headband? I have to admit that although he looks adorable, I don't like that "look" for him either. Luckily, he took it off on his own. If he hadn't, then it would be Patrick's turn to throw a fit. ;-)

No comments: