Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Putting the Ornaments Away

I haven't taken any pictures since last weekend. Since Patrick put away all the Christmas ornaments today, I thought I would take a picture of the three large boxes that house the ornaments. I figured I would put Eric in there to compare sizes. He's "playing music" with Anthony and he's doing this sort of "gallop dance" that was stinkin' cute to watch. I also took a video. That's a noisemaker in his hand so Alex was getting a little annoyed because this interfered with his watching American Idol tonight.

I took this picture last Friday when we went to Fuddrucker's for dinner. I got off of work a lot earlier than I had anticipated (I was on late/backup call) so we got to go together as a family. This picture has nothing to do with ornaments but I liked it because it shows the size discrepancies between the kids. Also, they don't really play with Guitar Hero at home anymore but there at Fuddrucker's they had to play Guitar Hero. Go figure.

I finished this page tonight and I had to post it right away. This is from a sketch and color assignment from the online class I'm currently taking. The class is called "Design Your Life" and it's being given by Cathy Zielske. She provided the topic--we were supposed to compare and contrast two things and I chose to compare myself to my Mom. She might not agree with some of these things but Patrick did help me come up with the lists.

Alike:
--love to bake (and cook)
--more productive at night
--passive-aggressive
--loves to feed people
--similar facial features

Different:
--Mom has never used haircolor.
--Mom has more shopping stamina.
--Obsessive-compulsive in different ways
--I'm more technology-oriented.
--Mom has grandkids to play with and I hopefully won't for a very long time.

At the bottom I added some additional journaling:
I see a lot of Mom in me, good or bad. She's done such a great job raising my sisters and me, though, that I would love to follow in her footsteps. Love you, Mom!

The black and white photo was taken on January 1, 1968 and the color photo was taken on May 13, 2007. I think it's time I get another photo with you, Mom. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love the way you've put this one together! Wonderful photos of you and your mom!