Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On The Table

I usually stay at work until about 4:30PM when I go to pick up Anthony from soccer practice, but today I left by 3:30PM. I just couldn't stay there any longer. This has been a long high school soccer season so far. Next week they're shutting down one-third of our operating rooms (4 out of 12) to upgrade the equipment. This means that they're stretching out the typical day four more hours to get the surgeons the same amount of operating time. Because of the longer hours, I'm not going to be able to pick up Anthony on most days. This is supposed to go on for 3-6 months. *SIGH* I'm going to be really sick of being at work on those long days.

Anthony got out of soccer practice a little early today because the varsity team had a game where his junior varsity coach was assisting. We were able to get home before Patrick left to take Alex to his club soccer practice. This meant that the two "little ones" could stay home with me. Anthony also requested to stay home instead of going to his second soccer practice of the day. He just didn't feel like going. This made life easier for his parents, so we agreed.

After dinner, Eric and Natalie were watching Dora the Explorer when I saw Eric sitting on top of the coffee table. By the way, that pouty look on his face isn't actually a pout. He's just had a drink of milk. He likes to drink milk and then store it in his mouth for a bit before swallowing. Sometimes he ends up dribbling the milk on something.

Eric also likes to lay across from the sofa to the coffee table sometimes. We have no idea why he doesn't just sit on the sofa normally. He'll be in this suspended position for a little while, and then he'll put his legs down, and then he'll go back to this position, and so on. I enjoyed watching the kids at home for a change.

No comments: