Friday, April 23, 2010

School Holiday

The kids were off from school today so besides the monthly haircuts this morning, we mostly hung out at home. There was also a little "parade" in our neighborhood in honor of the Battle of Flowers Parade that was going on in town today. Patrick, Natalie, and Eric did a lot of walking during the parade. In the afternoon, Alex arranged for a couple of school friends to come over, while Natalie played with her usual neighborhood friends.

Anthony went to a movie with his friends in the late afternoon, while the rest of us headed to the mall for dinner and ice cream. Eric was in a silly mood and started making faces at himself in the mirror at the Haagen-Dazs shop. He was also dancing to the music. Then he very dramatically took the next spoonful of ice cream.

I've had some days off this week. I didn't have to go in on Wednesday until 2PM then I got Thursday off because I got called back in on Wednesday night. Today was a planned day off. I wanted to do "more" but the kids were happy mostly just hanging out at home. With the weird schedule at work, I'll get more days off like this with the kids, and that's a good thing.

No comments: