Eric had his three-year-old checkup today. He was 29 pounds and 36 3/4 inches tall (3rd and 25th percentile, respectively), so he's a little guy but at least he's growing and developing normally. He was so good at the doctor's office that Patrick "rewarded" him with lunch at Fuddrucker's. He ate most of his meat and a little bit of the bun--pretty typical. I didn't take a picture today, but this was a picture from a week or two ago. The little stinker was climbing on the outside of the stairs and giving me a little attitude. He's a cutie, isn't he?In other news, Natalie had her "Achievement Auditions" today. She memorized 2 two-page pieces for this. Up until yesterday we were still working on maintaining the same tempo throughout, especially during an eight-measure section in one of the pieces. She would suddenly slow down to half the tempo for that section. I know that I'm probably her worst critic, but she must have fixed it, because she got a "Superior Plus", which is apparently the highest rating. Interestingly, she didn't want her piano teacher to be in the room when she warmed up. Maybe she does get a little nervous after all. I'm so proud of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment