Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shopping With Kids

I had to work late tonight, so I only had time to give Natalie and Eric baths and then put them to bed. No time to take pictures, so I'm going to recount something that happened on Sunday.

After our morning outside on Sunday, I took all the kids shopping at Old Navy and the Gap. I ended up spending $200 total. I think the list of items is telling as far as what the kids are into, so I'm going to list them here:

There was a basket of different types of balls and Eric kept taking out balls and handing them to me. In the end, Eric settled on a red football with a snake design on it. Alex helped him choose when he said how cool it was. Eric liked the football, but I think Alex liked it even more. I also bought Eric a soccer T-shirt.

Natalie got two pairs of shorts. I was so frustrated with her because she said she needed new shorts but almost all of the shorts were either a color or a design she didn't like. Sigh! When did she get so picky with clothes? She also got a pair of flip-flops. She was picky about which flip-flops to get too.

Alex got the most clothes. He got four T-shirts (all with soccer designs except for maybe one) and one swimsuit (Black and white with snakes) plus a pair of sunglasses and a pair of flip-flops. He picked all of that out himself.

Anthony tried to buy more shorts, but he only ended up with two pairs. Either the other available shorts were a color he didn't like or they were too big. Still, I was happy that we were able to at least get a couple of pairs because last year's shorts are now too small or too short (for his liking).

After shopping we went to Brindle's for ice cream, of course. Anthony got the Raspberry Truffle in a small waffle cone. Alex wanted a shake but he settled for Dreamsicle in a kid's cone. Natalie and Eric both got the kid's cups, Chocolate and Dreamsicle respectively. Eric still picks his ice cream by color with Dreamsicle being "owange". :)

No comments: