Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Babysitting Fail

Patrick and Anthony like this one website called Fail Blog. They have pictures with funny captions and they often have "FAIL" written on the photos also. This picture would probably have the caption of "Babysitting Fail".

Last night, I was on call and Anthony was left with the younger ones while Patrick went to Alex's middle school orientation/Parent's Night with him. We realized that Anthony should be left with more specific instructions when he babysits. To his credit, he was doing his homework, but the kids weren't in bed yet at 8:30pm when they should have been in bed by 8pm. Natalie still had to take a shower. Apparently Anthony had told her to take a shower, but she blew him off. Once Natalie and Eric were in bed, and while I was on the phone with Patrick, they discovered the poster board in the picture above.

All I heard on the phone was "Oh no! Oh no!" I was a bit alarmed but Patrick finally explained, "Think someone's big project due tomorrow." Ugh! Alex had this project due today (Wednesday) and he had been working on it all weekend. He left it out on the formal dining room table and apparently Eric decided that there was too much white space and he colored it with some black marker. Luckily, the project consists of printed sheets of paper that are glued on a poster board and luckily all of those sheets were saved on the computer. Patrick helped him print everything and put it together and all was right again.

(By the way, in case anyone is wondering what the project is about, they had to make up their own numbering system and present it on a poster.)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm very sorry about the math project, but I'm also glad that my family isn't the only one things like this happen in.