Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lolo and Lola Time

My mom and dad (aka Lola and Lolo) are here! They arrived with a trunkful of food and other gifts. The kids were all at school at the time so Mom started by unpacking all of the food and folding the sheets that Patrick had washed last night but the kids hadn't folded yet.

Natalie got home at around 1:15pm. She was so excited when she saw her Lola waiting for her when she got off the bus. She was one of the reasons why they came for a visit, because she kept calling them and asking when they were going to visit again. When I awakened her for school this morning, the first words out of her mouth were, "Lolo and Lola and coming here today." She also talked about practicing her piano lessons so Lola could hear her play.

I brought Eric home around 3pm and Mom immediately started feeding him some grapes. Apparently, it didn't take Eric long to request "rice soup". Lola had to make that, but she was ready with the ingredients.

Patrick has been trying to teach Eric how to spell "Eric", "Mama", "Papa", "Lolo", and "Lola". He can spell those words, but he often doesn't want to. Today I asked him to spell "Eric" for Lola. He replied his usual reply, "I did already."

I love these photos of Eric with his Lola and Lolo. Now he has two more people to order around and to read to him. He also seems to have a special relationship with his Lolo. He goes to him more frequently to give spontaneous hugs. Tonight Lolo was sitting in a chair and Eric asked, "Will you share this with me?" Translated, that's a request to sit next to Lolo in his chair. This photo of him snuggling with Lolo was the result.

We watched the show "Glee" tonight. Eric loves watching that show with me. This photo shows the expression on his face during one of the musical numbers. Doesn't he look absolutely mesmerized? he was also laying on his belly on the sofa, totally relaxed. He is more into music than I remember that other kids being. Natalie loves that show too, but she was outside playing with her friends. Last night the two of them were dancing and singing together before going to bed.

We're all set for meals for the rest of the week. I wish they could come visit more often, but it's becoming more difficult for Lolo to travel. We all have to remember to appreciate when they can come and to cherish our Lolo and Lola time.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What wonderful photos of them with Eric!