Today, Natalie is sleeping over at a non-family member's house for the first time. She was invited to her friend M's birthday party sleepover with three other girls. I'm sure she won't get much sleep, but she'll have so much fun. She's been bubbling with excitement all day, asking me if we could go get M a present at 8:30AM when the store she wanted to go to wasn't open yet. She knew exactly what she wanted to get and we got it. Apparently, M loved a stuffed toy that Natalie got from her Aunt Melissa for her birthday that records your voice and says it back in a "scary voice" (a Halloween toy from Hallmark) and some fancy erasers, so that's what we got. We did get another present also, just because M is such a good friend. (They've been friends since they were about three months old.)She packed her clothes into a plastic bag. I convinced her to at least put the clothes in a real bag. The Halloween looking bag in the picture has a sleeping bag in it, although M's family had other plans and I ended up taking the sleeping bag home with me. The pink bag holds the gifts, and the denim bag has her clothing. She almost forgot her toothbrush, of course. I'll miss her, of course, but it was very nice to not have to take her to the boys' soccer games this afternoon and to have her complain about doing so.
1 comment:
Big milestone!
Post a Comment