
Both of the older boys had plans tonight. Alex stayed after school for a "movie night" and Patrick picked him up with his friend at around 6PM. Anthony rode the school bus with his friend to go to his house to hang out until about 10PM when his friend's parent brought him back home to us. The little ones and I went to North Star Mall to have dinner and ice cream.

Eric and Natalie shared a Pepperoni Roll while I had some Spicy Chicken for dinner. They must have been hungry because they ate pretty much the whole thing. We ran around a bit afterwards and then had ice cream at Haagen Dazs. Natalie had the Chocolate, Eric had the Mango Sherbet, and I had the Coffee and Belgian Chocolate Chocolate--our usual choices. After Natalie finished hers, she started "sharing" my Coffee ice cream. After Eric finished his, he started drinking the last bit that was melted at the bottom. Good to the last drop!

Even though we didn't do any actual shopping, I still love going to the mall with the little ones. This brings me back in time to when I used to take Alex and Natalie to the mall on those Friday nights when Patrick and Anthony had their special karate class. We would have dinner and ice cream and we would sit at that same back table next to the mirror at the Haagen Dazs store. We would go to one of the ramps by the Godiva Chocolate and Build-A-Bear stores towards the Gymboree and the two of them would race down the ramp. I took a short, shaky video of the little ones today when they did the same thing. Time moves so fast, but the mall will always have good memories for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment