Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Full of Glee

Tonight was Open House Night for Anthony's school. I really didn't feel like going, so Patrick went by himself. I wanted to stay home and play with the kids, or in other words, it was Dollar Scoop Tuesday at Baskin-Robbins and I wanted to take the kids. ;) We haven't been there in a few weeks because lately I seem to always be working late on Tuesdays.

Eric had something different today, Lemon Custard ice cream. Natalie had her usual Chocolate Fudge ice cream. Anthony had two "dollar scoops" of World Class Chocolate ice cream in a waffle cone. Alex didn't want to go. He never seems to want to go out with the family (for ice cream, for dinner, etc.). He would much rather stay home--this time it was because he wanted to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 online...again. I had my usual Jamoca in a sugar cone.

After she was done with her ice cream, Natalie wanted to run around outside for some reason. She worked pretty hard at swim club today, but she still had enough energy to run outside. When he finally finished his ice cream, Eric wanted to join her. I love watching them run. I really should have taken a video. They won't run like that forever, especially Eric, as he gets more and more coordinated. They were so happy just running back and forth.


Back home I got them ready for bed. Eric had other plans to play at first, but I was able to distract him from that by saying that he could watch my tape (old episode) of the show Glee with me. He loves watching the "singing show" with me. He looked very tired as he lay on my bed, watching quietly with his burp cloth in the sleep position underneath his head. As the show ended, he suddenly became reenergized, acting silly and posing for me for pictures. That was until he realized that the show was over, then I got him to stop crying and go to bed by telling him that he could watch the tape of tonight's season premiere with me tomorrow night. I love that show!

No comments: